Oracle Autonomous JSON Database takes on MongoDB Atlas, Couchbase and Amazon DocumentDB. Oracle new Autonomous JSON Database is generally available to support customers who only want document database capabilities and not a full multimodel database. Read the announcement at Introducing Oracle Autonomous JSON Database for application developers
SolarWinds MSP: The Best MSPs Lead With Security To Drive Revenue. SolarWinds MSP able to deliver security services at higher margins, says Colin Knox, vice president of community at SolarWinds MSP during the XChange + 2020 Virtual Experience. Visit XChange+ Registration for on-demand virtual event or view sessions.
TrueNAS Enterprise and TrueNAS Core merge as a single storage OS. iXsystems ventured further into enterprise storage. A single software code now unifies the TrueNAS Enterprise and TrueNAS Core versions. Read more on iXsystems Press Release > iXsystems Unveils Industry’s Fastest OpenZFS Storage System with Launch of TrueNAS M60
Standout Performers In Tough Times: Winners Of The 2020 B2B Channel Performance Awards. The third-annual awards presented by The NPD Group at XChange+ Virtual Experience celebrate 10 winners across seven categories including mobility, work from home and digital transformation.
- Mobility: HP Inc. was the winner for top U.S. revenue while Microsoft was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Pro A/V: Samsung was the winner for top U.S. revenue while LG Business Solutions was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Work from Home: HP Inc. was the winner for top U.S. revenue while Jabra was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Data Center Ecosystem: Cisco Systems was the winner for top U.S. revenue while Palo Alto Networks was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Digital Transformation: Cisco Systems was the winner for top U.S. revenue while AMD was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Best of the Channel- Software: Microsoft was the winner for top U.S. revenue while Autodesk was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
- Best of the Channel- Hardware: HP Inc. was the winner for top U.S. revenue while Lenovo was the winner for top U.S. market share point change.
Does technology increase the problem of racism and discrimination? According to a publication from the MIT Technology Review: Of course technology perpetuates racism. It was designed that way, technology promotes racism. Most facial recognition algorithms discriminate against the Black population. And even certain concepts or technological terminology tend to be offensive, highlighting “white supremacy.”
StorageCraft President Doug Brockett: Simplify To Increase Efficiency, Weather COVID-19. As more than 57% of the solution provider base is actually using three or more solutions, managed services providers should consider focusing more on broad technology platforms and less on single-point solutions as a way to increase efficiency and profitability during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Process automation in education helps school during COVID-19. Using Nintex Workflow Cloud Process Automation, a school in Sydney helped keep classes going online by automating the daily roll call process. Organizations have increasingly turned to automation and AI during COVID-19. Read more at Nintex Blog > Trinity Grammar School automates student roll call process with Nintex Workflow Cloud
IDC Analyst Charts Road To New Normal In ‘Highly Volatile’ Times. Midsize companies have done better than their larger counterparts in adjusting to the unprecedented challenges brought on by a global pandemic, IDC’s Joe Pucciarelli told. Companies are turning to technology to ‘flatten their economic curve.’
Axcient: How Cutting ‘Many Throats To Choke’ Down To One Can Save MSPs Money. Axcient’s three-in-one backup platform has allowed MSP LANAIR to consolidate down from 12 vendors in the backup space to one.