It seems like there are always new questions about Google’s ad channels.
Today, we got answers to two of them: one about local SEO, and one about Search Ads.
How many reviews do you need to start ranking locally? According to a recent study, 10 reviews should provide a ranking boost for local results.
The same study claims that more than 10 reviews “does not seem to significantly improve results,” but if you have a relatively new local store, 10 legitimate reviews can kickstart your climb.
How should you prepare ads for the holiday season? Google predicts a long shopping season that may start earlier than usual, so they recommend planning your campaigns on time:
- Make sure your product feeds are up to date and provide data at least 3–5 business days in advance.
- Optimize content in product feed.
- Address account warnings early.
- Review shopping campaign settings and make sure campaigns are set to “active.”
- Review your returns settings.
Why we care: Holidays are fast approaching and every advantage counts. Both of these insights can help you make the most of the season.
By the way, it pays to have your campaigns squared away so you reduce problems during a hectic period.
Who wants to get sandwiched between tech issues while everyone else is making dough?