It pays to read the room. Or, in this case, several rooms at once…
What’s going on: Microsoft just published consumer trends in several industries that could come in handy for your PPC campaigns.
Here’s the summary:
- Travel: Searches for “cheap” and “discount” have risen by 56% since the start of the year. People are still traveling… and they’re looking for deals.
- Automotive: With gas prices soaring, electric vehicles are getting traction. Microsoft’s Audience Hybrid & Alternative Vehicles has increased 3x since the first half of 2022.
- Retail: Shoppers are waiting for good deals to buy non-essential items. The most popular deals being buy-one-get-one (BOGO), percentages, and free shipping.
- Technology and telecommunications: Cheaper and even older models of smartphones are the new rage. Microsoft recommends promoting both new and old models below $500.
- Health and wellness: Yes, customers are looking for cheaper options here, too. You can stand out by lowering your prices just the tiniest bit.
- Financial services: Saving accounts, cash-back, and reward-based credit cards are growing in popularity.
Why we care: The common denominator among all these industry trends matches people’s feelings about the economy. No one wants to break the bank.
Keep that in mind when planning your PPC campaigns, and try to include words that emphasize discounts, deals, and offers.
By the way, Microsoft isn’t the only one with tips…